This article looks at the best Bearded Dragon enclosure with reviews to help you choose the right one for your needs. Our reviews are based on our own experience, hundreds of Amazon reviews, other blogs and numerous Youtube videos.
Here’s a few important things you should consider when choosing a Bearded Dragon enclosure:
- Tank dimensions. The ideal tank size is 48″ x 24″ x 24″. The absolute minimum size is 36″ x 18″ x18″. Vertical space helps to provide a better thermal gradient. Larger terrariums may require additional heating and lighting.
- Appearance & design
- Quality of materials
- Ease of use for cleaning and feeding. Front doors are always easier to use rather than lifting off a lid.
The Ultimate Bearded Dragon Guide for Beginners
Are you thinking about having a pet beardie? This guide will teach you everything you need to know about how to care for a Bearded Dragon.
Bearded Dragon Enclosure Comparisons
The following enclosures meet the minimum size requirements for an adult Bearded Dragon.
*Price Range (comparing similar dimensions):
- Low $ < $300 USD
- Medium $$ <= $ 500 USD
- High $$$ > $500 USD.
1. Exo Terra Natural Large
The Exo Terra Natural Large terrarium provides good value for money. It has some nice features like the 2 front doors which provide easy access to your Bearded Dragon. I also like the free rock background. The extra height options will allow your Bearded Dragon to climb.
There are some bad reports of the glass breaking and the enclosure falling apart. But these are rare instances and mostly resulting from poor packaging.
Dimensions: 36″ x 18″ x choose height 12″, 18″, 24″ or 36″
- Front window ventilation (patented)
- Has a raised bottom for under tank heaters
- 2 front opening glass doors
- Holes to run cables inside
- Range of height sizes available
- Includes rock background
- Stainless steel mesh cover
- Plastic bars – Note these could melt with a ceramic heat source
- Lid can warp obver time from the heat lamps
- Reportedly glass cracks easily / enclosure falls apart
2. Critter Condo
The Condo Critter is a durable and high quality Bearded Dragon enclosure. It’s super lightweight to move around and comes in a cool black color. The design supports stacking enclosures. A light fixture is in-built which is a nice feature.
Dimensions: 48″ x 24″ x 24″
- Supports stacking
- Includes light fixture (excludes bulb)
- In-built thermometer and hydrometer with external monitor
- Sliding doors
- Door lock with keys
- Cannot use ceramic heat emitters
- Edges of PVC board appear rough
- Sides are reflective
- Door is not easy to open without a grip
3. Repti Zoo
The Repti Zoo glass terrarium is an aesthetic Bearded Dragon enclosure. It comes in two models, one taller than the other. The front door can only be closed with a lock which is inconvenient. A part from that, it’s a really solid design.
Dimesions: Range of sizes
- Raised bottom frame for under tank / substrate heaters
- Front doors with anti-escaping safety lock
- Side window ventilation
- Closable inlets for wires & tubing
- Removable mesh top
- Safety lock
- Can be stacked (need to buy separate stacker)
- Does not come with a background
- Door must be locked to keep it closed which is inconvenient. Comes with only one key too.
- No handles on front door – can be tricky to open
- The mesh sides can misalign
4. Carolina Custom Cages
The Carolina Customer Cages terrarium is a beautiful and well built enclosure for Bearded Dragons. The materials and design are high quality and good value. There’s a lot of models and sizes to choose from. The lock is at the bottom. Be careful that sand substrate does not get into the locking mechanism.
- Looks great
- Good quality materials
- Floor space fits most under tank heaters
- Comes with a strong lid
- No door handles. There are suction cups though.
- Cannot shut doors without key. Key is tiny as well.
Bearded Dragon enclosures vary in materials, price, shape, size, and design. Glass terrariums are popular because they’re relatively inexpensive and aesthetic. PVC is lightweight, better insulated and professional. Choosing the right tank for your Bearded Dragon depends on your individual needs.
Our Top Ticks
Here’s our top picks from the best Bearded Dragon enclosure for different categories:
- Best Value For Money: Repti Zoo
- Most Attractive: Carolina Custom Cages
- Most Convenient: Exo Terra Natural Large
- Most Professional: Critter Condo
- Most Dimension Options: Carolina Custom Cages
Please leave a comment below with your own thoughts on the best Bearded Dragon enclosure.